Monday, December 15, 2014

Book Review

 Today, I'll be reviewing "What I Thought Was True" by Huntley Fitzgerald. I personally love Fitzgerald. I read her first book, "My Life Next Door" several times and have emailed Huntley back and forth several times. It's crazy because I was talking to her about creating memorable characters, and she told me the main boy in her next book was going to be names Cassidy. When I found out that "What I Thought Was True" had been released, it was the first book I bought on my Kindle. Reading a book that an author had discussed with you while writing it is such an amazing feeling! 
"What I Thought Was True" is a very cute novel about two people from totally different lifestyles. I myself, can relate to Gwen, because I know how tight money can be. Having a main character who wasn't over the top and someone that a large ratio of teens in this society can relate to, is what made the book so much more enjoyable. And besides Gwen, Cass *inserts heart eyed emoji* is that picture perfect guy that every girl wishes she had. Most girls living in a sort of poverty don't always get that rich, beautiful guy, but in this case, Gwen does! I also fell in love with Gwen's little brother, Emory. And as much as I love Cass, Emory is definitely my favorite character!
I personally felt that the beginning was hard to get into. I was kind of disappointed because I was so impressed with her first book, but the beginning of this one fell short for me. After I got into it, though, I couldn't put it down! I caught myself up at 3 am reading this book and im definitely not ashamed of it! 
I would most definitely recommend this book to everyone who loves teen romance fiction! It's such a sweet, romantic story, but it's got just enough "flaws" in the plot to make it worth while! 

No comments:

Post a Comment