Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Reason #8472187 of why I hate leaving the house

So today at Walmart, my mom sends me to grab a bag of Veggie Straws. So I go down the aisle, and this lady and man are standing right in front of what I need to grab, and they're not moving. I figured they knew each other and they were just standing there while the woman looked for something in her purse.

When the woman started singing, I thought she was just being silly and trying to embarrass him: it's something I've seen multiple times at Walmart, so I didn't think it was that unusual. But right after I said, "excuse me sir can you reach me those-" I realized that they didn't know each other and that she was advertising something.

Instead of just passing me the bag, he interrupts the lady by saying "that was very rude." And he gave me this glare like I had just killed his puppy or something.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry." I said and I turned to apologize to the woman, when the guy says.

"That was very rude. You are very rude." I ignored what he said and turned to look at the lady again, but she had began to walk away. He starts to chase after her, calling her name, when I apologize again.

"I'm so sorry I thought you guys knew each other. I'm so sorry."

He looks back at me and goes. "Well now we do." And as I'm walking away, I hear him tell the lady. "Continue singing. That rude girl won't interrupt again."

And it was very hard for me to swallow back the tears. First: I am a very sensitive and emotional person. Very little things can trigger my tears and set me off. Second: it took me a lot of courage to even ask him to pass me the damn bag of veggie straws, since I have really bad social anxiety. Third: I think it was rude of them both to just stand there in front of the merchandise when they definitely could've walked two feet to the big open area where nobody was trying to grab stuff off the shelves. And I also thought the fact that he called me out and what I didn't think was being rude (for God's sake, I said excuse me, sir.) and why he thought he had to scold me like I was some child. He could've just handed me the bag and cursed me out in his head; there was no need to interrupt the lady again and be rude to me.

The moral of the story: if someone asks you to 'please pass me that' when you're standing in front of something, don't be rude to them. They could have really bad anxiety or they could be really depressed. Your comment may not seem harsh to you, but comments as little as "you are very rude" can make some people commit suicide. Oh and also, don't stand in front of the fucking shelves to yap your fucking mouths: move somewhere empty.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment